Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Earn My Badge

I have created a badge:



Open Policy Expert (OPE) (Apprentice Level)

Description: To become an open policy expert, carefully review all readings and video material provided for the class regarding open policy. Conduct additional research to obtain extra resources regarding open policy. Compile your research in a PowerPoint presentation, pamphlet or other distributable format and share the material during a class session of any size or an informal discussion with at least three people.

2 comments:

  1. Wendy - I am totally into earning the badge you created! I was reviewing the materials on the openeducation.us site and the thought came to me: "I'll be others have investigated this open policy concept and taught it to others." So, I ventured to slideshare.net and punched in "open policy". Funny enough, guess who the author of the very first presentation posted is?.... Yep, our very own "Dr. Wiley". :)

    Anyway, I scoped out several presentations on the site and decided on two that would fit in nicely with the basics of what we learned from the Open Policy postings from Dr. Wiley. Here are the links to those:

    Presentation on getting policy in place to open research findings to the public:
    http://www.slideshare.net/CameronNeylon/open-access-open-data-open-research-presentation

    Another link to help you see how policy can be drafted quickly:
    http://www.slideshare.net/blackducksoftware/four-steps-to-creating-an-effective-open-source-policy

    I held an informal discussion with my wife and two neighbors who are teachers so they can all get an idea of how the doors are opening to make more research and educational materials (especially those created under federal grant funding)openly available to educators! I am ready to also take this information to my designer group at the office so more on our team can also catch the vision of how open policy is forming.

    Do I earn the badge? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony Nisse has officially earned the Open Policy Expert Badge! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete